Painted Glass in Kitchen Backsplash

riturajmnit

Painted Glass in Kitchen Backsplash

Post by riturajmnit »

Hi folks,

Did anyone of you used painted glass in Kitchen backsplash ?
How is durability and cost involved ?

Thanks
bloremanager

Re: Painted Glass in Kitchen Backsplash

Post by bloremanager »

For stove area, I would not advise using painted glass. You are better off getting fancier tiles for that area (Spanish or Jaipur tiles)
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi Rituraj
You can use ducco glass behind stove , but it has to be factory made glass not the locally painted .You can also try using frosted glass with laminate backing .Both give a different appearance .
Note that having glass cuts in middle of glass is disaster unless you plan it well and it actually makes glass 50% weaker at that point.
Toughening is recommended for better life and avoid accidental damages and toughened ducco is done on order and its quite expensive if you need it in saintgobain and minimum order is expected from company .

Regards
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardes.architects
http://www.ardesarchitects.com
Attachments
Frost glass with white lam backing
Frost glass with white lam backing
Ducco glass as wash basin back splash
Ducco glass as wash basin back splash
riturajmnit

Post by riturajmnit »

Thank you sir.

I can continue quartz from kitchen top to stove backsplash. Other areas i was looking for glass.

What is the cost end to end including laying ? Any pointers for someone who does a neat job including quartz and glass ?
chetanamhm

Post by chetanamhm »

hi,

Could you please suggest vendors who can provide lacquered toughened glass for kitchen backsplash for my newly constructed house.

Regards,
Chetana
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

For Laqured glass go for Saint Gobain.
However Laqured glass is not
recommended for backsplash as the area is prone for hit and laqured glass breaks /chips.
There are various high end tile finishes available matching your aspirations.

For kitchen cupboards if you are going for Laqured glass with any interior conoany ensure the rate they quote and write in mayerial specification is Laquured glass in aluminum profile. This is biggest area of cheating , laquired glass pasted on ply doesn't last and unless specified on paper at last moment they will argue rate was not for aluminum profile.
gogreen

Post by gogreen »

You can better go for engineered stone backsplash to cover that entire area which will be more better in terms of practical experience.

Return to “Interiors”