Khata online application rejected, received without Bribe, details below

Forum rules
Please refer the link viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1862 to know about the rules of posting 'site for sale' ad. Non-compliance will make the ad for moderation and some times, the ad will be deleted altogether.
Sudiipta2001

Khata online application rejected, received without Bribe, details below

Post by Sudiipta2001 »

My online khata transfer application through sale deed [old flat purchased from 1st owner] with BBMP ward no 7 is rejected. After application, I received sms that document verified and there was no remark. Around 1 month, the application status showing rejected for insufficient document. I visited BBMP office at Sahakarnagar and spoke to RI Ramesh. He told , as I have not received sms for rejection, he will clear it. Still no update and then I contacted ARO Dr. Basawaraju. He told to speak with secretary Komala. The lady told, that due to delay it was rejected and I should reapply and they will process immediately. Again 2nd application status is document verified and no remark for 2 weeks. I called up ARO. He asked to visit and will clear immediately.

Now the story starts :: They informed previous owner have paid tax on smaller property size, hence 50k/60k tax is pending. Thus they are not ale to process. I mentioned, I have property tax receipt for last 6 /7 years. How come BBMP can collect property tax on smaller flat when Khata has mention for the actual size. Then its BBMP's fault. The RI told, the owner gave acknowledgement and hence he is at fault. They insisted that its a small thing and generally people pay 20k/25 K and they can start the process. I forgot to ask, if they will give receipt for the payment. ARO asked me what is the property price and if I have taken loan and this amount is small and this type of things happen. I told them to give report and details. They told, they will give notice / short notice for the due payment. I also told, as it is not my fault, I will not pay. If they are sure every year previous owner mentioned small size and paid with acknowledgement, then I will ask him to pay.

Now update is, on 1st April, I could see on BBMP portal, size of my property, while trying to pay tax. The property size is correct as per sale deed. Hence I am 100% certain that they asking bribe. Therefore till now , they could not provide any report.
Update 9th April:: Khata received without bribe

I called this no 080-2203 2857 on 31st march. A gentleman gave me no of Call center manager Mr. Tej Bopanna. With his intervention and his junior Ms Puja, I received my khata on 7th 2021 April without bribe. However they processed my 2nd sakala application. Probably they told ARO sahkarnagar, that if they don't process, they will open rejected sakala for enquiry. 3 rd April, my status started showing Khata status approved, and I paid immediately.
Last edited by Sudiipta2001 on April 9th, 2021, 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Visualizer

Re: Khata online application rejected, Need help

Post by Visualizer »

In my humble opinion it's a way to ask bribe as nothing moves in these offices without bribe.

All sorts of online mechanism were put on place to avoid contact and thus bribery so while you can now avoid paying for "chai" to get EC or deposit tax online
For things like Khata they always have loopholes.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Sometimes back, BBMP introduced self assessment scheme to collect the property tax based on the self declaration by the owners. Unfortunately, Many property owners misused this scheme to disclose smaller size than the actual to save their building violations or to save tax amount. There are lakhs of such instances under scrutiny now by BBMP to fix the tax leakage. Now Using GIS survey BBMP is fixing them & collecting actual taxes.

Please check out whether your case falls under this. As long as you are honest & ready to spend time for your work with multiple visits to the concerned office, you don't have to pay any bribe to anyone. Have patience and check it again. If everything is correct, meet the higher authorities including the commissioner. You can get it done without paying bribe. Many times lower level officers makes issues for various reasons s including greediness. But when you escalate it with right proof, they will do it promptly.
Sudiipta2001

Post by Sudiipta2001 »

msn1270 thanks a lot.

I will wait for them to provide me a written acknowledgement. And then escalate to commissioner.
NK MN

Post by NK MN »

Ma'am,
1. Is it BBMP 'A' khata and was a "sakala" number allotted to the khata transfer request? If yes, you can get assistance for escalation from any nearby Bangalore One Office. Atleast they can provide you with required details for you to send an email to the higher authorities, quoting this "sakala" number.
2. If it's BBMP 'B' khata, as far as I know, online khata transfer is not possible. You need to personally visit the office for various steps.
I really applaud you for deciding not to pay any bribe. It's okay if you can't speak the local language. Get all required details handy. Get hold of top authorities' email IDs and shoot off emails, stating the facts. Things should improve. All the very best.
- Kalyani
Sudiipta2001

Post by Sudiipta2001 »

NK MN wrote:
March 28th, 2021, 11:19 pm
Thanks , It is A khata property and sakala number is available. I applied online and I was also told that offline application is not taken.

Ma'am,
1. Is it BBMP 'A' khata and was a "sakala" number allotted to the khata transfer request? If yes, you can get assistance for escalation from any nearby Bangalore One Office. Atleast they can provide you with required details for you to send an email to the higher authorities, quoting this "sakala" number.
2. If it's BBMP 'B' khata, as far as I know, online khata transfer is not possible. You need to personally visit the office for various steps.
I really applaud you for deciding not to pay any bribe. It's okay if you can't speak the local language. Get all required details handy. Get hold of top authorities' email IDs and shoot off emails, stating the facts. Things should improve. All the very best.
- Kalyani
NK MN

Post by NK MN »

For an 'A' khata property, it's unbelievable that they collected less taxes before. It's most likely a different way to demand bribe. Even if what they say is true about the pending taxes, they need to provide a written statement to that effect and the previous owner is liable to pay, not you. I personally would suggest you to not wait for their inputs (they take forever). Kindly start opening a formal communication channel via email, quoting your sakala number. Please highlight the delays until now and the troubles you're facing with not being able to communicate in the local language. Highlight your gender too. There must be some progress. Email IDs of officials must be available on the BBMP website, if not Bangalore One center would be of help.
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Here is the information from the media, where BBMP has initiated verification of the self declaration vs the actual sizes and sending penalty notices to the errant owners who misused the self assessment scheme introduced by the BBMP earlier.
Attachments
370fb76f-46b4-4166-acb8-de494fe9d132.jpg
370fb76f-46b4-4166-acb8-de494fe9d132.jpg (98.07 KiB) Viewed 9607 times
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Msn1270 verification of self assessment of tax and khata transfer are two entirely different issues. It is just like comparing PAN issuance to IT return scrutiny.

It is not that sites without Khata have done false declaration.

If suppose there was some pending tax as they allege it should appear as dues on the website against SAS number (SAS number is used in absence of Khata).

Going group negotiated "chai-pani rate" for Khata transfer of flats in 200 apartment building where I have a flat is 6K rupees just
Usually in case of apartments there is some service provider who does all the dirty job and then present all the expenses as legal expenses and owners end up paying 18% GST on these legal/paperwork expense as they are put on record by facilitators as well. Same happens at the time of registration too.
It's too well organized and in case of individual buyers we get to know about the dirty business.
Sudiipta2001

Post by Sudiipta2001 »

Thanks, while trying to pay online tax, I could verify the size deatils and found all details are correct. Now I am sure they tried to get bribe
msn1270 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 2:57 pm
Here is the information from the media, where BBMP has initiated verification of the self declaration vs the actual sizes and sending penalty notices to the errant owners who misused the self assessment scheme introduced by the BBMP earlier.

Return to “Site for sale”