CMC Khata to A Khata

udaynukr

CMC Khata to A Khata

Post by udaynukr »

Hi,

I'm planning to buy property which has CMC A-Khata and the owner is claiming that i'll get A-khata once i apply for khata transfer.
In this case, the Actual property has been divided into 3 small sites each of 27x60 measurements and has 30 Ft road.
So now i was wondering if i have to pay betterment charges to get A-khata for 27x60 site after registration and even if im ready to pay charges,will i have any challenges that i should be taking care with help of current owners.

Also, If i buy BBMP A-khata property, will i be paying any betterment charges(Since owner would have paid betterment charges to get A-khat,so was wondering) when i apply for Khata transfer?

Thanks.
Visualizer

Re: CMC Khata to A Khata

Post by Visualizer »

Short answer no you wont get BBMP A Khata from CMC Khata .
Just to check ask owner to give you a Khata copy take it to BBMP office and check..
ardesarchitects

Post by ardesarchitects »

Hi udaynukr
No you wont get BBMP A-khata from CMC A-khata, if owner says you can get it why not he get it in his name first and then sell the property. Transfering BBMP A-khata once you purchase the plot is just 10min works in bangalore one.
BBMP -A khata is not issued unless betterment charges are paid and BBMP wont accept betterment charges unless they are approved layouts.

Regards,
Ar.Praveen.N
Ardes Architects and Interior designers
ardesarchitects@gmail.com
www.ardesarchitects.com
https://www.facebook.com/ardesarchitectsblr
msn1270

Post by msn1270 »

Uday

There are some Mafia's dealing in selling B-Khata or CMC khata Properties by fooling the buyers. They've nexus with some BBMP officials and get 'Suvarna Khata' certificate and show it as BBMP-A Khata. These will not have any records in BBMP. This route is taken by some people only to sell their properties. Even with suvarna khata, buyers have to pay betterment charges in future, once its open for regularization(If at all). Else life long these properties remain as unauthorized Plots.

Nationalized Banks are not giving Home loans for this kind of properties having 'Suvarna Khata' Certificate without Betterment charge paid Receipt.
Mostly, this is what your owner is trying to convince you.
Visualizer

Post by Visualizer »

Well I have another perspective on this many of these layouts were formed in 90s with CMC approval with 30 - 40% open areas
were fully legal CMC properties till 2006-2007.

In 2007 suddenly BBMP extended the jurisdiction on 8 CMCs and BDA norms became applicable on these properties and since the layouts
do not have mandatory 50% open spaces they were not BDA approved thus BBMP A Khata can not be given.
Many people got the plan sanctions based on CMC khata and they are under impression that they have legal Khata but when they will sell
it to another person the buyer will get only B-Khata as layout is not BDA approved.

In few cases where majority of plots were still unsold builders/developers got the approvals done and sold the remaining sites at higher prices for A khata. In Layouts where developers had already sold and only secondary sales were happening there was no one to pool money and get the necessary approvals.

From outside it looks like accidentally created legal mess but if you carefully look at the whole thing it is carefully planned to limit the
supply of legal lands to keep prices high following basic principles of economics.

Personally I feel Government is biggest organised mafia :-D which is also legal
Last edited by Visualizer on July 11th, 2019, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
udaynukr

Post by udaynukr »

Thanks Everyone for detailed clarifications, i have dropped plan to buy CMC khata property.

Return to “Bangalore East”